Friday, September 4, 2009

Massive Return

It's been around 7 years since the last Massive Attack album "100th Window." Most bands would be long forgotten in that amount of time but, like Portishead, Massive Attack are alive and kicking. The band has lost some fans being absent for so long but those that kept faith can now breathe a sigh of relief. Yes, they are back, and with an EP release in October and an album in early 2010, Massive Attack are looking to storm back onto the music scene. Though I have my doubts that this new material will live up to the MA of old, I am still looking forward to the album. "Collected," a compilation released in 2006 contains one song that gives me hope of a triumphant return to greatness. I've posted the music video below.



The newest MA song features Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio and at around 7 minutes I think is longer that it needs to be. That opinion may change... Listen to it below.

No comments: