Thursday, September 24, 2009

Decade Look: Part 1 - Trentemøller's The Last Resort


It's nearing the end of 2009 and the end of the decade. Many music sites have made or are making their "Best Of" lists for various categories including best album and best song. I've decided that since this year is closing fast I ought to start listening to some older stuff I have and make my own "Best Of." I haven't heard nearly as much as these reviewing sites so I will have an easier time making my list. It will be in no particular order; just whatever albums stir up nostalgic feelings or what have you. By the end of this year I will have chosen my favorite album of the decade as well as favorite song and favorite band.

It just so happened that last night I put on my iPod and chose Trentemøller's "The Last Resort" to listen to. When I had this list idea in mind I wasn't even thinking of this album but I should have been. Released in 2006 the album showcases Trentemøller's softer and more experimental side instead of the heavier stuff you would hear at a club. It's a headphones album and because of it's almost excessive length it requires repeat listens for it to sink in. I can see myself coming back to this album multiple times and that's why it's on my list of the best albums of the decade.

Standout tracks: Take Me Into Your Skin, Vamp, While the Cold Winter Waiting, Moan

Here is an odd video of the second track "Vamp":

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For more stuff on the video visit Betty Page:
http://www.bettiepage.com/