Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Man from Montebello

Though it may sound like a movie title Montebello is where hip-hop producer Nosaj Thing comes from. Nosaj is new on the music scene and his album of this year, "Drift" is making quite an impression. It's a dark instrumental album and has taken me quite a few listens to get into. It has been worth taking that time because "Drift" is one of the best and most cohesive albums I've heard in 2009. As for best new artists of the year I think that Nosaj Thing is far and away the winner in that category. I really like his use of voices in a few of the tracks, they are effectively used making for an eerie listen. Here is the last song on the album "Lords" used in conjunction with some weird Winnie the Pooh clip:



On another note in an earlier post I mentioned that this year has been lame but I think I might retract statement. The albums that I've liked though few in quantity have been high in quality, "Drift" being one of them. Get it now!

1 comment:

Fingish said...

Whoa, that was fucked up. Cool song though