Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Ever Post

Greetings friends and welcome,

To begin I shall explain a few things about my blog:

I enjoy music. I enjoy listening to music. I enjoy making music. I enjoy attending events featuring music. I enjoy music.

That about sums up what my blog is all about.
I intend to provide you the reader with weekly posts relating to all things music. I will recommend albums or artists that I think you need to hear as well as occasionally post some of my own work (yes, D-Mat be my name).


Update #1:

Being this the inaugural update I figure it ought to be a bit special (at least for me). I've been working on a few songs over the past while using various samples that interest me. I use a demo version of Ablelton's Live to make my music and it can be very limiting. These songs are not perfect but I make the most of what I have. Here is my newest song.



I've been listening to a few different albums over the past week but only one has really made an impression on me. The album is "Hymn to the Immortal Wind" by Mono, a Japanese post-rock band. Check out their Myspace and listen to the song "Ashes in the Snow," the first track from the album.

Check back soon for more.

No comments: