Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yet Another YouTube Discovery

It's amazing what you can find on YouTube. Whether it's a TV show you remember from childhood or a song using sound effects from the NES game Blades of Steel, you can find it. I've made some pretty good discoveries on the site before but this is the first time I've found out about a new artist. His name is Ronald Jenkees and he's a bit of a peculiar fellow. I came across him while watching Ween's rendition of Zep's "All of My Love"; his video was in the related videos box. He describes almost everything as "fun" and has a strange manner of speaking. Supposedly (I say supposedly because this is according to some of the comments on his videos) he has Williams syndrome, which is characterized by an unusually cheerful demeanor, unusual language skills and a love for music. It doesn't really matter in the end; his music is pretty awesome. I downloaded his album the other day and I can confidently say it's one of my favorites from this year. It's called "Disorganized Fun" and that name pretty much sums up the album. The songs are all over the place (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and it is really fun to listen to. Every song consists of a backing track with him soloing over it with various synths. Just watch this and you'll see what I mean:

I can't imagine disliking the guy; just look at how much he enjoys himself doing what he's doing, it's infectious. To conclude I've posted a video of the third track from his album, it's called "Guitar Sound" and it's very reminiscent of something Buckethead would do. Enjoy it and once you're done go get his album.

1 comment:

Fingish said...

Very much like Buckethead, only his sound is limited because he can't incorporate all the cool guitar effects that Buckethead can with a real electric guitar - but still awesome to listen to.