Saturday, December 12, 2009

Decade Look: Part 6 - Pantha Du Prince's This Bliss


First off a few updates. The aforementioned DMAT EP has been delayed and it's release date is up in the air at the moment. I'm working on some Christmas remixes and will hopefully have a couple for you all to hear before the day comes and goes. I have one completed which uses samples from Dean Martin's "Let it Snow" and Raffi's "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". More Decade Look posts are coming in the New Year so keep an eye out.

I only recently discovered Pantha Du Prince and have only listened to "This Bliss" in full two times, yet I have enjoyed it so much that I must declare it one of the best albums of the decade. It's one of those anytime albums, taking whatever mood you're in and putting it on hold for an hour and a bit as you get immersed in it's sound. I particularly enjoy listening to it on my walks to work; I sometimes forget where I'm going and only remember once I arrive. "This Bliss" never lags and the tracks flow smoothly and are pleasing to the ear. Second song "Saturn Strobe" is a highlight, it's strings are some of the best I've ever heard in an electronic song. Another talent of Pantha Du Prince's is his proficiency with percussion; "White Out" uses small touches of tongue clicks to add to it's icy ambiance. Ditto for "Florac", a track whose sound reminds me of the great Dominik Eulberg. Words just don't seem to do any justice to the music, so I think I will just let it speak for itself:



Standout tracks: Saturn Strobe, Moonstruck, White Out, Florac, Steiner im Flug

No comments: