Friday, November 5, 2010

Bert Jansch

As per a request, I've compiled a list of some memorable Bert Jansch tunes. His musical career is extensive and I've only just discovered him and as a result this compilation is definitely not as comprehensive as it could be. Nevertheless the following songs are a good starting point and if you want to hear more just search him on YouTube and you'll find a lot more.

Anji
Originally this piece was written by Davey Graham (also worth checking out) and it's been played by many a folk guitarist. I quite like Jansch's rendition.


Needle of Death
Darker territory for Jansch but probably one of his more memorable songs.


One for Jo
A Jansch original piece and my personal favorite of the bunch; voice and guitar matched perfectly.


Crimson Moon
A newer song and more upbeat than the rest. Nice collaboration in the video too.


High Days


The Wagoner's Lad
Jimmy Page used a sample of this tune in Led Zepplin's "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp", Jansch wasn't too pleased.

1 comment:

Mahfouz said...

hey! nice collection there :) I would have also kept promised land from the birthday blues album but I guess noone upped it on youtube yet.

keep bloggin